Monday, June 11, 2007

More Riding & ATVs


On Saturday, we decided to take separate paths. Alex, Livvie and I took an afternoon horseback ride in Red Canyon, Dale & Eric went ATVing in Bryce Canyon.

The kids and I had a great time. We rode for about 3 hours, stopping in the middle to rest the horses and ourselves. It was a beautiful ride through the canyon and a little frightening at times when our horses picked their way through steep inclines and narrow pathways. It was a good thing the horses didn't want to go over the edges either!! ~ Susan

The 3 hour ATV ride Eric and I went on was a blast. We each ate about a pound of dust but went up trails to see some fantastic reservoir and back woods scenery arriving at the edge of the Bryce Canyon for an impressive view. If you wait for the guide to get far enough in front of you, the ATV can get up to over 50mph!! Let's see your horse do that! ~Dale

1 comment:

Timmy Canuck said...

THE ATVS WOULD BE A RIOT! YOU SAID YOU ATE A LB OF DUST. THAT'S KINDA WHAT THE SENS DID IN STAN'S CUP, EH. BUT I LIKE THE EXPRESSION OF SOLIDARITY.

AS THE OLDER FOLK USED TO SAY, 'TRAVELING MERCIES'
LOVE,

TIM

ps. EXCITED ERIC HAS NEGOTIATED ANOTHER ONE YEAR DEAL WITH CE FOR THE SUMMER.