Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Beautiful Day of Hiking


This was one of my favourite days so far. We got up, had breakfast, made our lunches and headed to the shuttle with other guests and a guide. We travelled for about an hour and arrived at the base of the hike up to Hanging Lake. The climb was a 1.5 mile hike uphill. We took regular breaks to adjust to the altitude and drink water. The scenery was beautiful as we hiked often beside a run-off stream, over many rocks, through the trees and wild flowers. After about two hours, we arrived at Hanging Lake, below Spouting Rock of several waterfalls. We ate our lunch there, making friends with a couple of chipmunks.


Going downhill an hour later was much easier and we took advantage of photo opps.

Needless to say, we had a good night sleep afterwards!

~ Susan

2 comments:

Grampa said...

Glad you are having such a great time. Climbing mountains is great keeps you in shape to play hockey(to bad the sens lost???)Riding a horse I'd be bow- legged for a week.I wouldn't like white water rafting, they wouldn't let you take along a fishing rod. Livvie's having a good time. Rock climbing is great but the way down would thrill me (AAA EEE AA) when I'd reach the the old (Terra Ferma)I'd give her a big kiss (I hate heights). Grandma says see you soon.

Grampa said...

howdy yall

Sounds like your having a great time. Eric, are you sure that was really a manure truck, or just your Dads way to hide that fact that he had fluffy beans for supper. Stephens very excited for his Pirate birthday party on saturday. I think hes invited everyone he knows. Bradley has 3 weeks left of school and he can hardly wait till its over. Then, we are off to Niagara and Hamilton for a few days. No plans yet to rock climb down to the bottom of the falls for lunch, but thats still up for debate. See you soon.
Stay Safe !!!!!
love the elliotts